- The pound has slid against the dollar as Moody’s has downgraded the UK’s credit rating to Aa2.
- The firm has lifted its ratings outlook to stable after the downgrade.
- Moody’s sees growth of 1% this year, and doesn’t expect growth to recover to historic trends “over the coming years.”
- British sterling, quoting just under $1.36/pound this morning, has quickly dropped to $1.3456.
- ETFs: , , , , , , ,
- Now read: Keep An Eye On Europe For The Next Big Move In Markets
Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.
Latest posts by investing.com (see all)
- Forex – Dollar Unchanged Ahead of Fed Meeting, New Zealand Dollar Jumps - September 26, 2018
- UK says its crackdown on unexplained Russian money is working - September 26, 2018
- Forex – Dollar Struggles as Fed Meeting Gets Underway - September 26, 2018